Thursday, June 25, 2009

Promotion | Nicholas Howard




Nicholas Howard | GOD is In The City a fresh sound and style of music to everyone


RnB-Blues: First off, your newest album, “God Is in the City” is very highly anticipated. Can you tell our audience what can be expected from this album?

Nicholas Howard: The album is out now and people can expect the same thing they get whenever they check out my music; One guys interpretation of the life and world around him.. I try to be as honest as possible and touch on subjects that some artists ignore, and some are too scared to talk about. The government, the planets well being, and our own mental health are just as, or more important than listening to a song that asks you to shake your ass in a club, or telling you about how cool I think I am... I hope to show that artistry is not dead, and that Music is for healing and redemption, and rejoicing in our human-ness, all while respecting the intelligence of the listener...

RnB-Blues:
Who would you say this album is dedicated to?


Nicholas Howard:
Simply put, this album is dedicated to New York City and all the people in the world that are dreamers and doers.

RnB-Blues:
Can you tell us about your first single “God Is in the City?” and the overall vibe of the track?


Nicholas Howard:
The song “God is in the City” is my way of explaining how I believe this city, NYC, is a blessed place. It’s blessed in that it is a Mecca for the creative, the driven, the passionate, and the hungry, and they all come here to realize their dreams. With all that positive energy, how could this place not be blessed? It must be, especially since people still come here everyday, even though this is one of the fastest and toughest cities to live in... The vibe is kind of dark and ominous and then switches to inspired...

RnB-Blues:
Can you tell us some production credits on your album?


Nicholas Howard: The album was written by Miss Music and I, and produced by Miss Music, Rocky Grisez and myself. Rocky and I did all the grunt work and Miss Music played overseer and fed us our inspirations... ;-) Jamie Kime played an amazing guitar (currently on tour with Zappa), Chris Roy played a mean bass. Rocky wrote some insane string parts and Erich Bulling wrote some incredible horn parts. I am so glad that I got to work with all those wonderful people and that Miss Music continues to have her lovely conversations with me.

RnB-Blues:
How is God Is in the City different from other Urban Soul releases?


Nicholas Howard: I think it stands apart because you can actually hear the wide variety of influences molding together and more importantly, the creativity was allowed to flow unbridled in any direction it chose.

RnB-Blues: Can you give us a sneak peak of what’s coming up? Can you tell us a little about it?

Nicholas Howard:
I am in the process of booking as many shows as possible in the mid-atlantic region to help this record on its journey and also working on my third album due out April, 2010. It will be a more upbeat/funky record I think, but, who knows? ;-) Thank you so much RnB-Blues! I really appreciate you bringing me into your world!! Talk to you soon!

Check OUT: Nicholas Howard

www.MySpace.com/NicholasHoward

DOWNLOAD/LISTEN: Nicholas Howard - God Is In The City





Rocawear by Jay-Z

0 comments:

Post a Comment